Position: Project Management Intern
Location: LAGOS and UMUAHIA, Nigeria
Duration: 6 Months+
Starting Date: Flexible
Organization: Micro Investment Consultancy Services, Ltd.
Micro Investment Consultancy Services Ltd (MICS) is a social enterprise consultancy firm specializing in consultancy and advisory services to various actors dedicated to eradicating poverty in Africa. We seek to link micro, medium and small enterprises (MSMEs), credit unions, co-operative groups, rotating savings and credit associations (ROSCAs), women’s groups, and microfinance institutions (MFIs) with public and private funding sources and to provide technical assistance and capacity building strategies for improved efficiency and greater outreach. Our vision is inclusive and sustainable economic development through social and market-based solutions.
MICS offers interns a wide variety of experiences. There is a focus on hands on field work depending on their areas of interest. MICS allows interns to take active roles in project planning, execution and monitoring. Interns will also have the opportunity to switch from internship/volunteering to full employment.
Project Management Interns
Responsibilities: The Intern will assist report to the Project Manager and assist in the following tasks:
- Identify donors that could provide funding to the projects of MICS;
- Provide support during negotiations with donors and prepare the funding process;
- Prepare, coordinate and perform feasibility studies and various assessments;
- Provide support for the development of the MICS business plan and strategy;
- Provide support for MICS fundraising activities;
- Monitor technical assistance grants and liaise with donors/investors;
- Provide support for the development and implementation of new projects.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Degree in development studies, microfinance, social enterprise or equivalent, relevant degree in social sciences and humanities.
- Project proposal writing and fund raising experience
- Conversant and highly literate in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical skills; Networking and negotiating skills
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Creativity and flexibility;
- Capacity and willingness to learn new skills quickly;
- Strong interest in participatory development issues;
- A good understanding of living and working in the developing world and having cross cultural sensitivities;
- Fluency and strong writing skills in English
- Knowledge of German and French is a plus (not a requirement).
- Duration : 6 months+
- Outstanding Interns could receive permanent work contracts after the internship contract.
How to apply
To apply: Please email email@example.com with subject line “Intern Application” by the 8th of August 2012. Include in the email a cover letter together with a detailed CV in English, highlighting relevant experience, proven skills, your availability, professional goals as well as an academic or professional writing sample.
Applications will be treated on a rolling basis.