Ten scholarships are awarded annually, and these are in partnership with three internationally recognised universities in the United Kingdom: Imperial College London, University College London and the University of Leeds.
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- meet the University’s English language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS or equivalent TOEFL score valid for Sept 2014 admission)
- be between 21-28 years by 30/09/2014
- be indigenes of Rivers, Delta or Bayelsa States (proof of this will be required)
- currently reside in Nigeria
- return and take up permanent residence in Nigeria after completion of the proposed programme of study
- have obtained a university degree equivalent to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours Degree) at a minimum
- not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- have a valid Nigerian passport valid till December, 2015
- be neither current nor former employees (who have left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC, the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies or Karamat Ltd
- not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or Karamat Ltd
The scholarship will cover tuition fees, one return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*.
MORE INFORMATION CAN BE OBTAINED AT email@example.com or through the individual universities.
*Please note that the stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.