If you have lost your token, or “parraventure” the witches in your village have remotely disabled your token, here is how you can order a new one.
1. Go into any Guaranty Trust bank branch with your faulty token if you have it, and say to them that you would like to request a new token.
2. You will be asked to fill out a form which is actually downloadable online via this link. If you want to conserve your time even better, scan and send the completed form to email@example.com and you should be able to collect your token on the same day.
How much does a GTBank token cost?
A GTBank token costs N2,100, deductible from your account balance.
How to activate your new GTBank token
You will need to wait for a minimum of 24 hours following the submission of your application for the token to be activated. You will receive a text message or an e-mail informing you about the token swap, and asking you to activate your new token. As part of the activation process, you will be asked to enter the token ID : these are the numbers at the back of the token. Enter this number without the hyphens, tick “Acknowledge” and click “Continue”.
Once completed, you will receive a text message. Your token is now ready to use.
From now on, you will be required to generate a transaction code on your token, for all transactions involving the transfer of funds.
What else can I use my GTbank token for?
Your token will be required when you carry out the following online transactions:
- Transfer of funds from your account to other GTBank accounts, or to other banks.
- Conducting FX transfers
- Processing Cash/Draft In transit
- Adding more service options on the Internet Banking platform (add service)
- Making FX Sales
- Paying phone bills, HiTV subscription services, US visa services, booking flights, creating standing orders and much more
- Transferring foreign currency from your domiciliary account.
Note: When conducting any of the transactions listed above, you will be required to input a 6-digit code in a defined field to validate and conclude the transaction. This code can be generated by clicking the white button on the device.
Hope this helps!